Who are the Felling Irish Association?
The Felling Irish Association are based at the Holly Hill Sports & Social Club and is open to all regardless of whether you have Irish connection or not, for a one-off payment of £1 We already have nearly 1,000 members! For further information us, click below or visit The Felling Irish Association Facebook PageREAD MORE
The Geordie Shamrocks
Recently we created an Intergenerational Music Group, the ‘Geordie Shamrocks’, this is for all ages and abilities and those wishing to take part do not need to be members of the Felling Irish Association or the South of Tyne Irish Culture Society. Two professional tutors are employed who have knowledge of a wide range of instruments and some of the group are or have been members of Ceili Bands. Lessons are Free and Take place in the Concert Room of the Holly Hill Social Club, Felling 7pm – 9pm on Mondays. We do ask that anyone under the age of 18 is accompanied by a responsible adult. For further updates about this group see The Geordie Shamrocks Facebook Page!
THE FELLING IRISH ASSOCIATION
SOUTH OF TYNE IRISH SOCIETY
Promoting Irish Culture
- Promote an interest in Irish history and customs
- Promose social events with an Irish flavour in order to keep members in touch with their ethnic origins
- Raise money for local charities and good causes
- Membership is open to all persons irrespective of their age, race or creed
- Promote Irish Traditional Music in all its forms
- Promote Irish Traditional Dancing
- To create a closer bond among all lovers of Irish Music
- Promote Irish Culture
- Membership is open to all persons irrespective of their age, race or creed.
David Craig – Newcastle United & Northern Ireland Footballer
Kelly Hendry – Word Champion Irish Dancer
Kathleen Lyn – Northern Cross Executive
Bobby Moncur – Newcastle United & Scotland Footballer
Glen McCrory – World Champion Boxer